Did you know that the rabbit is one of the most popular pet choices around the world? They are affectionate and lovable creatures who prefer to be by their owner’s side. By nature, rabbits are intelligent, lively, curious, trainable, playful, and affectionate. They make ideal pets because you can leave them during the day as long as they have another rabbit for a companion.
As the story goes, domestic rabbits are descendants of wild rabbits in Europe. They are also a popular source of food and game animals in several European countries. They are introduced to other nations by travelers seeking other sources of food. Furthermore, they were introduced to the Mediterranean region during Roman times and to Europe during the Middle Ages.
Despite their adorable nature, rabbits carry a lot of responsibility with them. In addition to giving rabbits nutritious food, vitamins, care, and love, it is also your duty as a pet owner to keep them safe from harm, extreme temperatures, and predators. It is preferable to keep your rabbits inside a cage or hutch than to let them roam inside your house due to the many dangers that are in your home. They like to chew on different things inside the house such as paper, electric wires, toys, books, furniture, and many more.
If you want to have a rabbit hutch for them, you should select one of the different designs and types of rabbit hutches found in pet stores, shops and online retail sites. There are two main types of rabbit hutches found in stores, outdoor and indoor. Of the two, rabbits prefer the outdoor hutch because they can interact with the environment and have adequate ventilation.
Different types of outdoor rabbit hutches:
- Basic individual hutch – It is a one-story house made of wood. It measures 24 x 30 inches long and has an opening door or roof.
- Raised Solo Hutch – This is similar to the Solo Hutch, but is elevated four feet off the ground. This type of rabbit hutch is much easier to clean and can keep your pets safe from predators.
- Two-Story Rabbit Hutch – This is a two-story rabbit hutch that provides a great space-saving option for pet owners because it can house two rabbits.
- Three-story rabbit hutch: It is a three-story rabbit hutch that houses three rabbits.
- Deluxe Shed with Race: It is a two story shed with contraption, accommodation, hatch and adjoining ramp where they can move and roam.
Before choosing between any of the options mentioned above, you should take note of the following important factors in any cabin:
- Protection against extreme and changing weather conditions. If you want to place it outside your house, it must be strong and durable to withstand changes in weather, such as rain, snow and the extreme heat of the sun.
- It must provide adequate security against predators. Be sure to choose one that is strong and durable to protect them from predators such as cats, dogs, and wild animals.
- Easy access. It should have large doors so your rabbit can easily get in and out. It also allows you to easily maintain and clean the cage.
By choosing the right rabbit hutch for your rabbit, you are sure that your pet is safe from harm.