A newsletter can be a powerful tool for your business. It is a very effective way of disseminating useful information. It is also an effective way to demonstrate your expertise and promote your company. Newsletter marketing is popular because of the benefits it can bring. Here are 10 ways to make it work for you.
1. Write a newsletter that is relatively narrow in focus in terms of content. Readers want exclusive, detailed information to help them achieve their goals. You are much more likely to do this if you have a narrowly focused newsletter that provides rich, detailed information on a specific topic.
2. Publish your newsletter monthly or consider writing multiple newsletters to produce at least one issue per month (for example, two newsletters, each published every other month). You can post your newsletter more often, but remember, the more frequently you post, the more cumbersome it gets!
3. Select a catchy name for your newsletter. This increases the likelihood that people will read it.
4. Make sure your newsletter is concise and full of rich content. This may be the most important tip of all. Newsletter marketing only works if you have a newsletter that offers significant value to readers.
5. Distribute your newsletter in print and electronic formats. E-newsletter marketing has become very popular, but you still need to produce a hard copy that you can distribute at conferences, trade shows, meetings, seminars, and other promotional events.
6. Make sure people can sign up for your newsletter through your website. You should also post each issue of your newsletter on your website in PDF format. You will find that many visitors will come back to your site to read the latest issues.
7. Provide opportunities for a wide variety of people to sign up for your newsletter. This includes clients, colleagues, business partners, friends and family. Let them know about your newsletter and how it can benefit them. Create an email distribution list so you can deliver it to them when it’s released.
8. As your email distribution list grows, consider using a newsletter distribution service. You can find a lot of potential services by typing “email newsletters” into any Internet search engine.
9. Use graphics when possible. Research has shown that people are more likely to read your newsletter if you have attractive graphics related to the topic of your newsletter.
10. Check, check and check again. This is an important step because you will lose credibility if your newsletter has spelling, grammatical, or factual errors. Be sure to get the facts straight and have a trusted colleague correct you as well.